All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA crenulated turret here, a winding, arched staircase there, maybe even a giant turtle - fairy tale ideas are at the heart of every sandcastle. Summer after summer, children and adults alike make valiant efforts to infuse their sandy structures with such inspiration, but the results are generally disappointing. With Sandcastles Made Simple , Lucinda 'sandy feet' Wierenga, a rewned sand sculptor, puts a permanent end to less-than-perfect beach creations. She provides the ultimate step-by-step guide to building impressive sandcastles and shows that with a few simple tools and a basic understanding of sand, building dream castles can be easy. The book features instructions for each of the elements - base, staircase, roof, balcony and more - that can be combined to fashion one-of-a-kind castles. Also included are two projects designed specifically for younger children. Like a shovel and pail, Sandcastles Made Simple is an on-the-beach necessity.
- Author BiographyLucinda Wierenga is a widely recognised sand sculptor who has won numerous international competitions. Her work has been featured in numerous publications and on a variety of television programmes. She lives in South Padre Island, Texas. Jamey Fountain is a professional photographer who lives in Massachusetts. His work can be seen at www.foultoad.com.
- Author(s)Lucinda Wierenga
- PublisherStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Date of Publication29/05/2009
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width178 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Photographs byJamey Fountain
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.