All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection throws a new light on Jane A usten''s work, revealing her use of broad comedy and farce. T he book is arranged in 2 parts, with mature stories edited f or easy reading in part 1, and the juvenilia collected by Au sten in part 2. '
- Author BiographyJane Austen was born in Steventon rectory on 16 December 1775. Her family later moved to Bath, then to Southampton and finally to Chawton in Hampshire. She began writing Pride and Prejudice when she was twenty-two years old. It was originally called First Impressions and was initially rejected by the publishers and only published in 1813 after much revision. She published four of her novels in her lifetime, Sense and Sensibility (1811), Pride and Prejudice (1813), Mansfield Park (1814) and Emma (1816). Jane Austen died on 18th July 1817. Northanger Abbey and Persuasion were both published posthumously in 1818.
- Author(s)Jane Austen
- Date of Publication28/03/1996
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman's Library
- Weight580 g
- Width30 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine136 mm
- Volume editorPeter Washington
- Introduction byPeter Washington
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.20
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $43.56
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.