All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA vast city, Sao Paulo is the intellectual capital of Brazil, and where in Brazil is better for concerts, clubs, theatre, ballet, classical music, all-round nightlife, restaurants and beautifully designed hotels. From admiring modernist Niemeyer buildings in the centre to relaxing on the glorious beaches of the coast, this Handbook will help you pick the most exciting places to discover in this culturally rich city.* Essentials section with practical advice on getting there and around.* Highlights map so you kw what t to miss.* Reliable listings that you can trust, including where to eat, sleep and relax.* Detailed street maps for Sao Paulo, Santos, and the Sao Paulo Metro.* Slim eugh to fit in your pocket.Brimming with advice on how to navigate this buzzing metropolis, this Footprint guide will let you tantalise your taste buds in the city one day and explore the magnificent, rainforest-backed coastline the next.
- Author BiographyAlex Robinson is an award-winning writer and photographer based in London. He was runner up in the Friends of the Earth International Photography Award in 2007, won a Brazilian Press Award for the anniversary edition of Latin America's travel magazine Viagem e Turismo and a US National Magazine award as part of the Fall 2006 edition of Departures Magazine. He has worked with numerous magazines, publishers and broadcasters, including Departures, Budget Travel, National Geographic, the Financial Times, Wanderlust, the Discovery Channel, Al Jazeera and the BBC. For more information, see alexrobinsonphotography.co.uk. Gardenia Robinson, from Minas Gerais in Brazil, is a graduate of the University of Sao Paulo's prestigious Faculdade de Economia, Administracao e Contabilidade. She worked as an investment banker in Brazil before moving to the UK to work on the first guidebook to the Amazon, inspired to write by her favourite author, Joao Guimaraes Rosa. After travelling throughout Latin America, South East Asia and Australia (visiting more than 25 countries), she returned to Brazil to open and run her own NGO working with sustainable tourism in local communities. She has researched and photographed books on London, the Amazon, Brazil and Mexico for publishers including Cadogan, DK and Footprint and has had her pictures published widely in Brazil, Europe and the USA.
- Author(s)Alex Robinson,Gardenia Robinson
- PublisherFootprint Travel Guides
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleFootprint Handbook
- Place of PublicationBath
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFootprint Handbooks
- Weight149 g
- Width116 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $32.92
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.39
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.19
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $28.36
- AU $7.31Trending at AU $12.23
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.47
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $32.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.