All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionSara Paretsky's groundbreaking mystery series about Chicago private investigator V.I. Warshawski debuted in 1982 and is still going strong. As co-founder of Sisters in Crime (a worldwide organization supporting women writers), as a sought-after public speaker and as 2015 president of the Mystery Writers of America, Paretsky continues to open doors for other authors. This book is the first comprehensive reference work on Paretsky, providing an overview of the Warshawski vels and short stories, her other vels, a volume of collected essays, her anthologies and journalism. Special attention is paid to the character of Warshawski-the tough, street-smart detective who challenges stereotypical representations of women in crime fiction-and to the significance of the Chicago setting she inhabits. Paretsky's pioneering work beyond the page is covered. A guide to the scholarly and critical debates is included, along with discussion of media adaptations and references to key websites.
- Author BiographyMargaret Kinsman is a senior lecturer in English studies at London South Bank University, United Kingdom. She has published several articles and author profiles related to crime and mystery fiction and has presented papers and chaired panels at international conferences on the mystery.
- Author(s)Margaret Kinsman
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleMcFarland Companions to Mystery Fiction
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byElizabeth Foxwell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.