Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.51
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.64Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.74
About this product
- DescriptionA clean, sweet historical romance set in 1873. Rancher's daughter Sarah Wilerson has been engaged to Ethan Paulson, a Clear Creek hotel manager, for two years. Although Ethan is a nice man, Sarah has postponed the wedding twice, unsure whether she can live and work in the family's hotel-alongside an overbearing mother-in-law. West Point-trained Captain Marcus Brenner was stationed at Fort Wallace in western Kansas, and wounded in a skirmish with the Cheyenne Indians. He has been discharged from the army and recuperating at his uncle's ranch in Ellsworth County, Kansas. There he meets Sarah, who helps him recover from his wounds and nightmares. Marcus falls in love with Sarah, but refuses to consider marrying her because of her engagement to ather man. And, due to his battle injuries, he may t be able to give Sarah the houseful of children for which she yearns for either. Unable to bring herself to go through with her wedding on the third date set, Sarah leaves her groom at the altar and rides after Marcus, determined to convince him to marry her. Fate throws a challenge in their path when they suddenly become guardians of six young children. Can Sarah convince Marcus to become the father the children need, and the husband she wants? Brides with Grit Series in order: Rania Ropes a Rancher (Rania and Jacob) Millie Marries a Marshal (Millie and Adam) Hilda Hogties a Horseman (Hilda and Noah) Cora Captures a Cowboy (Cora and Dagmar) Sarah Snares a Soldier (Sarah and Marcus) Cate Corrals a Cattleman (Cate and Isaac) Darcie Desires a Drover (Darcie and Reuben) Tina Tracks a Trail Boss (Tina and Leif) Helen Heals a Hotelier (Helen and Ethan) Also read Lilly: Bride of Illiis, a spin-off book in the American Mail-Order Brides Series.
- Author BiographyLinda Hubalek grew up on the Kansas prairie, always wanting to be a farmer like her parents and ancestors. After earning a college degree in Agriculture, marriage took Linda away from Kansas as her husband worked in engineering jobs in several states. Meanwhile, Linda wrote about pioneer women that homesteaded in Kansas between 1854 to the early 1900s, especially her Swedish immigrant ancestors. Her historical fiction book series are Butter in the Well, Trail of Thread, Planting Dreams and the Kansas Quilter. Linda is currently writing a sweet, clean, historical western romance series titled Brides with Grit. Linda and her husband finally returned back to Kansas, where they raised American buffalo (bison) for a dozen years.
- Author(s)Linda K Hubalek
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.