All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the 20th century's most prolific composers of pia music, Sergei Prokofiev (1891 1953) is celebrated for his unique pia idiom, combining the seemingly incongruous elements of highly percussive textures with passages of great lyrical charm. Above all, tes Grove's, his music shows a professional care for the performer, never reaching beyond the practicable limits of execution. Pianists will welcome this excellent new compilation of pieces composed between 1907 and 1922 the great formative years of Prokofiev's unique approach to keyboard writing from his highly original Diabolical suggestion and the dramatic, capricious Sarcasms to the very popular March and Scherzo transcribed by the composer from his opera The love for three organs. Reproduced from authoritative early editions, this generous collection includes Four etudes, Op. 2; Four pieces, Op. 3; excerpts from Four pieces, Op. 4; Toccata, Op. 11; Ten pieces, Op. 12; the complete Sarcasms, Op. 17, and Visions fugitives, Op. 22; Tales of the old grandmother, Op. 31; Four pieces, Op. 32; and the March and Scherzo, Op. 33ter.
- Author(s)Sergei Prokofiev
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Out-of-print date06/02/2017
- Weight431 g
- Width222 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.