All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.99
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.66
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.43
About this product
- DescriptionCrossing continents and spanning decades, Saree is an epic story of beauty, oppression and freedom, for fans of Victoria Hislop and Kate Mosse. Nila wasn't born beautiful or powerful or rich - but she has a rare talent to tranform lives. She is a seamstress, and as she works she weaves into the saree silk a pattern of love, hope and devotion which will prove to be invaluable to more lives than just her own. From the lush beauty of Sri Lanka, ravaged by bloody civil war, to mystical India and finally its eventual resting place in Australia, this is the story of one precious saree and the lives it changes. Nila must find peace; Mahinda yearns for his true calling; Pilar is haunted by a terrible choice; Sarojini doubts her ability to love; Madhav is a holy fraud; and Marion witnesses the very meaning of love. Six lives. Six loves. Six stories bound together by the precious saree that links them all.
- Author BiographySu Dharmapala was born in Singapore and grew up in Sri Lanka before emigrating to Australia in 1989. She lives in Melbourne with her family. She is the author of THE WEDDING SEASON and SAREE.
- Author(s)Sumudu Dharmapala
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.