Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for the first edition: It is a wonderful source of information and has the merit of going straight to the subject, being technically precise although very easy to understand. There are numerous pictures, photographs, diagrams, which make the reading a real pleasure. --European Broadcasting Union Technical Review The complexity of a satellite newsgathering system could be a four-month long college course with a high tuition rate and an enrolment number so large you have to watch your professor on a TV screen. Jonathan Higgins might have saved the independent learner a few attendance point deductions by fitting it into one book. --Satellite Broadband magazine An ideal introduction for anyone working, or interested, in satellite newsgathering (SNG). The new edition of this popular book builds upon the success of the first--an important and valuable work that is extermely easy to read, comprehensive in its treatment, and detailed where necessary. SNG used to be an immensely complex and expensive affair where broadcasting organizations were at the mercy of an expert who sat in a lonely corner, until needed. Things have changed--everyone in a global news organization needs to kw about it w. This is t only because of the high costs of mistakes, but because w even n-technical journalists on the ground have to operate their own equipment. Learn the skills, basics of equipment, cutting edge techlogy and critical safety issues of satellite newsgathering.
- Author BiographyJonathan, an independent satellite communications consultant, was formerly the manager of BBC News Location Facilities Unit. He has been very involved in the development of both truck-based and fly-away SNG uplinks over the past fifteen years and is also the author of Introduction to SNG and ENG Microwave, also published by Focal Press. Widely regarded as an authority on all aspects of satellite newsgathering, he has published papers, writen articles and given numerous seminars and lectures around the world on the technical aspects of newsgathering.
- Author(s)Jonathan Higgins
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/07/2007
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content NoteApprox. 240 illustrations
- Weight1126 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.