Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.56Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.16Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the life of Post-Impressionist painter Paul Gauguin, Jacques Jouet's Savage compels the reader to ask whether it is the primitive or the civilized man who is savage. At the height of the Belle poque, an eccentric young clothing designer searches for inspiration and identity as an artist among the savage peoples of France's colonies. Influenced by several exotic lovers, a quirky vieille dame, and douard Manet himself, Paul's increasingly unconventional designs parallel his increasingly unbalanced state of mind as he struggles to find a market for his work among the haute bourgeoisie. The failure of this venture, coupled with psychosis due to an untreated illness, ultimately leads to his demise.
- Author(s)Amber Shields,Jacques Jouet
- PublisherDalkey Archive Press
- Date of Publication08/09/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNormal, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDalkey Archive Press
- Weight454 g
- Width134 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.