All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
- AU $8.65Trending at AU $14.26
About this product
- DescriptionLong ago in their intraspecific conflicts, a violent, techlogically sophisticated life form, the Kurii, destroyed their native world. They w seek ather. Between Earth and Gor, or the Counter-Earth, and the power of the imperialistic, predatory Kurii, w ensconced in the Steel Worlds, a number of satellite colonies concealed amongst the debris of the asteroid belt, stands only the defensive might of the Priest-Kings of Gor. Tarl Cabot, once of Bristol, England, laboring on behalf of the Priest-Kings, once managed to foil a Kur attempt to set the stage for an invasion of Gor. But to pursue this mission, Cabot must enter and traverse the Barrens, the vast Eastern prairies of the primary Gorean continent, lands contested by tribes of warring savages, lands forbidden to strangers. Rediscover this brilliantly imagined world where men are masters and women live to serve their every desire. Savages of Gor is the 17th book in the Gorean Saga, but you may enjoy reading the series in any order.
- Author BiographyJohn Norman, born in Chicago, Illinois, in 1931, is the creator of the Gorean Saga, the longest-running series of adventure novels in science fiction history. Starting inDecember 1966 with Tarnsman of Gor, the series was put on hold after its twenty-fifth installment, Magicians of Gor, in 1988, when DAW refused to publish its successor, Witness of Gor. After several unsuccessful attempts to find a trade publishing outlet, the series was brought back into print in 2001. Norman has also produced a separate science fiction series, the Telnarian Histories, plus two other fiction works ( Ghost Dance and Time Slave ), a nonfiction paperback ( Imaginative Sex ), and a collection of thirty short stories, entitled Norman Invasions. The Totems of Abydos was published in spring 2012. All of Norman s work is available both in print and as ebooks. The Internet has proven to be a fertile ground for the imagination of Norman s ever-growing fan base, and at Gor Chronicles(www.gorchronicles.com), a website specially created for his tremendous fan following, onemay read everything there is to knowabout this unique fictional culture. Norman is married and has three children.
- Author(s)John Norman
- PublisherOpen Road Media Science & Fantasy
- Date of Publication13/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleGorean Saga
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media Science & Fantasy
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.