All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1974, San Francisco Ballet, the oldest ballet company in America, faced the dire possibility of going bankrupt and disappearing. This is a common dilemma in our country faced by many performing arts organizations. The dancers said , went door to door, put on demonstrations, got the media involved, and saved the ballet company for future generations of dancers and audiences. This is a tale of despair, hope and perseverance in the arts community. With the assistance of the artistic directors and a strong general manager, five dancers that I call Angels created a movement to Save Our Ballet in San Francisco. I hope you enjoy the chapters, for without a combined effort, there might t be a San Francisco Ballet as we kw and love it today.
- Author BiographyAnton Ness was born and raised in San Francisco, California. He studied and performed at an early age with his sister Gina Ness with the Ballet Celeste directed by Merriem Lanova, a former dancer with Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo. At the age of twelve, he joined the San Francisco Ballet School under the direction of Harold Christensen and trained with Anatole Vilzak of the Maryinsky and the Diaghilev Ballets Russes. Vilzak replaced Nijinsky as the premier dancer of that period. Anton went on to train and graduated with the North Carolina School of the Arts. He briefly appeared with The Bejart Ballet in Brussels, Belgium, Carlos Carvajal's Dance Spectrum and the San Francisco Opera Company before returning to dance with the San Francisco Ballet directed by Lew Christensen and Michael Smuin. Mr. Ness has six wonderful children and one grandchild. He is happily married to Mariza and resides in San Francisco.
- Author(s)Anton Ness
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.