All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $98.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe Marquis and Marquise de Castillon together with their young son, Jean-Pierre, were forced to flee France for England when the French Revolution broke out in 1789. Jean-Pierre was educated at Eton and only returned to Paris when Napoleon came to power. It was t long before he joined Napoleon's Army, survived the Retreat from Moscow and was badly wounded at the Battle of Waterloo. Whilst in hospital he became friends with Colonel Hubert Dawlish who was in the next bed. Before they both underwent life threatening operations, they made joint wills leaving everything to the other. Jean-Pierre, w the Marquis, survived the operation and returned to his ancestral Chateau to find it looted and in a terrible state of repair. Ather blow awaited him when the late Colonel Dawlish's three children arrived as he was w their Guardian. He felt too ill and depressed even to want to see them. The eldest, the beautiful Marietta, was gifted with the powers of healing and herbs and she enthusiastically set about t only bringing the Marquis back to health, but to restoring the Chateau to its former glory. She persuaded some soldiers to help her with the Chateau and through her prayers made a stunning discovery that changed the Marquis's fortunes. How she found love where she least expected it and showed the Marquis that love and prayer can heal any wounds and overcome all obstacles is told in this exciting and unusual book by BARBARA CARTLAND. If you like Downton Abbey you will love Barbara Cartland .
- Author BiographyBarbara Cartland was the world's most prolific novelist who wrote an amazing 723 books in her lifetime, of which no less than 644 were romantic novels with worldwide sales of over 1 billion copies and her books were translated into 36 different languages. As well as romantic novels, she wrote historical biographies, 6 autobiographies, theatrical plays and books of advice on life, love, vitamins and cookery. She wrote her first book at the age of 21 and it was called Jigsaw. It became an immediate bestseller and sold 100,000 copies in hardback in England and all over Europe in translation. Between the ages of 77 and 97 she increased her output and wrote an incredible 400 romances as the demand for her romances was so strong all over the world. She wrote her last book at the age of 97 and it was entitled perhaps prophetically The Way to Heaven. Her books have always been immensely popular in the United States where in 1976 her current books were at numbers 1 & 2 in the B. Dalton bestsellers list, a feat never achieved before or since by any author. Barbara Cartland became a legend in her own lifetime and will be best remembered for her wonderful romantic novels so loved by her millions of readers throughout the world, who have always collected her books to read again and again, especially when they feel miserable or depressed.Her books will always be treasured for their moral message, her pure and innocent heroines, her handsome and dashing heroes, her blissful happy endings and above all for her belief that the power of love is more important than anything else in everyone's life.
- Author(s)Barbara Cartland
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.