All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs Israel worth saving, and if so, how do we secure its future? The Jewish State must end, say its enemies, from intellectuals like Tony Judt to hate-filled demagogues like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Even average Israelis are wondering if they wouldn't be better off somewhere else and whether they ought to persevere. Daniel Gordis is confident his fellow Jews can renew their faith in the cause, and in Saving Israel , he outlines how. 2009 National Jewish Book Award winner Addresses the most pressing issues faced by Israel-and American Jews-today, without recycling the same old arguments Lays to rest some of the most pernicious myths about Israel, including: Jews could thrive without Israel; Israeli Arabs just want equality, and Palestinians just want their own state; peace will come, if Israel will just do the right things Morally powerful ...from a writer whose reflections are consistently as intellectually impressive as they are moving...Gordis addresses the exigencies of our time with the urgency they overridingly demand, and with the depth of feeling they inspire. -Cynthia Ozick Gordis has written many popular personal essays and memoirs in the past, but Saving Israel is a full-throated call to arms. Never has the case for defending-, celebrating-the existence of Israel been so clear, so passionate, or so worthy of wholehearted support.
- Author BiographyDaniel Gordis is Senior Vice President and a Senior Fellow of the Shalem Center. A columnist for the Jerusalem Post , he has also written for the New York Times , Tikkun , the Forward , and the New York Times Magazine . His books include Coming Together, Coming Apart and If a Place Can Make You Cry .
- Author(s)Daniel Gordis
- PublisherTurner Publishing Company
- Date of Publication17/09/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Weight318 g
- Width147 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.