All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionThis special issue of ephemera maps social practices of collective organizing on a low budget in cities today. ' Saving the city' expresses the imperative to ecomize while at the same time harbouring the desire to 'rescue' - recollecting an urban civil society via mobilizing the public, helping neighbourhoods, creating public spaces, and heterogeneous possibilities of living to cope with today's and future challenges. To overcome established, purely ecomic dimensions of saving, the contributions explore the complexity of 'saving' through the interplay of organizations, resources, lifestyles and moral ecomies. We collected contributions from an interdisciplinary set of researchers as well as urban 'practitioners' to explore the way in which discourses of austerity, of resource scarcity and urban life interconnect and are producing a different sort of urban practice. Issue editors: Paula Bialski, Heike Derwanz, Birke Otto and Hans Vollmer.
- Date of Publication15/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byBirke Otto,Heike Derwanz,Paula Bialski
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.