All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionScaffolding Literacy describes an alternative approach to literacy teaching in primary schools based on the principles of explicit teaching of how authors use words to convey meaning. The book provides a detailed description of the scaffolding literacy teaching sequence and related strategies developed at the University of Canberra over two decades. It explains why the scaffolding literacy approach enables learners to better understand the reading, language studies and writing tasks asked of them in school.
- Author BiographyDr Beverley Axford was Director of the Schools and Comunity Centre at the University of Canberra from 2004 to 2008. Pamela Harders and Fay Wise are language and literacy teachers in ACT primary schools and have both taught in the Faculty of Education at the University of Canberra.
- Author(s)Beverley Axford,Fay Wise,Pamela Harders
- PublisherAustralian Council Educational Research (ACER)
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCamberwell
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAustralian Council Educational Research (ACER)
- Content Note27 illustrations, 1 table
- Weight224 g
- Width154 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.