Scalability Rules: 50 Principles for Scaling Web Sites by Michael T. Fisher, Martin L. Abbott (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.00+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.68+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionOnce again, Abbott and Fisher provide a book that I'll be giving to our engineers. It's an essential read for anyone dealing with scaling an online business. -Chris Lalonde, VP, Technical Operations and Infrastructure Architecture, Bullhorn Abbott and Fisher again tackle the difficult problem of scalability in their unique and practical manner. Distilling the challenges of operating a fast-growing presence on the Internet into 50 easy-to understand rules, the authors provide a modern cookbook of scalability recipes that guide the reader through the difficulties of fast growth. -Geoffrey Weber, Vice President, Internet Operations, Shutterfly Abbott and Fisher have distilled years of wisdom into a set of cogent principles to avoid many bvious mistakes. -Jonathan Heiliger, VP, Technical Operations, Facebook In The Art of Scalability, the AKF team taught us that scale is t just a techlogy challenge. Scale is obtained only through a combination of people, process, and techlogy. With Scalability Rules, Martin Abbott and Michael Fisher fill our scalability toolbox with easily implemented and time-tested rules that once applied will enable massive scale. -Jerome Labat,VP, Product Development IT, Intuit When I joined Etsy, I partnered with Mike and Marty to hit the ground running in my new role, and it was one of the best investments of time I have made in my career. The indispensable advice from my experience working with Mike and Marty is fully captured here in this book. Whether you're taking on a role as a techlogy leader in a new company or you simply want to make great techlogy decisions, Scalability Rules will be the go-to resource on your bookshelf. -ChadDickerson, CTO, Etsy Scalability Rules provides an essential set of practical tools and concepts anyone can use when designing, upgrading, or inheriting a techlogy platform. It's very easy to focus on an immediate problem and overlook issues that will appear in the future. This book ensures strategic design principles are applied to everyday challenges. -Robert Guild, Director and Senior Architect, Financial Services An insightful, practical guide to designing and building scalable systems. A must-read for both product-building and operations teams, this book offers concise and crisp insights gained from years of practical experience of AKF principals. With the complexity of modern systems, scalability considerations should be an integral part of the architecture and implementation process. Scaling systems for hypergrowth requires an agile, iterative approach that is closely aligned with product features; this book shows you how. -Nanda Kishore, Chief Techlogy Officer, ShareThis For organizations looking to scale techlogy, people, and processes rapidly or effectively, the twin pairing of Scalability Rules and The Art of Scalability are unbeatable. The rules-driven approach in Scalability Rules makes this t only an easy reference companion, but also allows organizations to tailor the Abbott and Fisher approach to their specific needs both immediately and in the future! -Jeremy Wright, CEO, BNOTIONS.ca and Founder, b5media 50 Powerful, Easy-to-Use Rules for Supporting Hypergrowth in Any Environment Scalability Rules is the easy-to-use scalability primer and reference for every architect, developer, web professional, and manager. Authors Martin L. Abbott and Michael T. Fisher have helped scale more than 200 hypergrowth Internet sites through their consulting practice. Now, drawing on their unsurpassed experience, they present 50 clear, proven scalability rules-and practical guidance for applying them. Abbott and Fisher transform scalability from a black art to a set of realistic, techlogy-agstic best practices for supporting hypergrowth in nearly any environment, including both frontend and backend systems. For architects, they offer powerful new insights for creating and evaluating designs. For developers, they share specific t
- Author BiographyMartin L. Abbott, formerly COO of Quigo, spent nearly six years at eBay, most recently as SVP of Technology/CTO. He has held engineering, management, and executive positions at Gateway and Motorola. Michael T. Fisher, a veteran software and technology executive, spent two years as CTO of Quigo. Previously, as VP of Engineering & Architecture for PayPal, he led 200+ developers. Abbott and Fisher co-authored The Art of Scalability (Addison-Wesley).
- Author(s)Martin L. Abbott,Michael T. Fisher
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication05/05/2011
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width129 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.