Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis book addresses the need for a unified framework describing how soft computing and machine learning techniques can be judiciously formulated and used in building efficient pattern recognition models. The text reviews both established and cutting-edge research, providing a careful balance of theory, algorithms, and applications, with a particular emphasis given to applications in computational biology and bioinformatics. Features: integrates different soft computing and machine learning methodologies with pattern recognition tasks; discusses in detail the integration of different techniques for handling uncertainties in decision-making and efficiently mining large biological datasets; presents a particular emphasis on real-life applications, such as microarray expression datasets and magnetic resonance images; includes numerous examples and experimental results to support the theoretical concepts described; concludes each chapter with directions for future research and a comprehensive bibliography.
- Author BiographyDr. Pradipta Maji is an Associate Professor in the Machine Intelligence Unit at the Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India. Dr. Sushmita Paul is a Research Associate at the same institution.
- Author(s)Pradipta Maji,Sushmita Paul
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note45 black & white illustrations, 10 colour illustrations, 64 black & white tables, biography
- Weight504 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.