All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionWe kw that there are tens of millions of plant and animal species, but we do t kw eugh to be able to describe the patterns and processes that characterise the distribution of species in space, time and taxomic groups. Given that in practical terms it is impossible to expect to be able to document biodiversity with any degree of completeness other approaches must be used. Scaling rules offer one possible framework, and this book offers a synthesis of the ways in which scaling theory can be applied to the analysis of biodiversity. Scaling Biodiversity presents new views on quantitative patterns of the biological diversity on earth and the processes responsible for them. Written by a team of leading experts in ecology who present their most recent and invative views, readers will be provided with what is the state of art in current ecology and biodiversity science.
- Author BiographyDAVID STORCH is a researcher and university teacher at Charles University in Prague. He teaches courses on animal ecology, macroecology and community ecology. PABLO A. MARQUET is a Professor in the Center for Advanced Studies in Ecology and Biodiversity, and at the Catholic University of Chile. JAMES H. BROWN is a Distinguished Professor in the Department of Biology at the University of New Mexico.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/07/2007
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEcological Reviews
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note124 b/w illus. 8 colour illus. 16 tables
- Weight790 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byDavid Storch,James Brown,Pablo A. Marquet
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.