All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCollective behavior in systems with many components, blow-ups with emergence of microstructures are proofs of the double, continuum and atomistic, nature of macroscopic systems, an issue which has always intrigued scientists and philosophers. Modern techlogies have made the question more actual and concrete with recent, remarkable progresses also from a mathematical point of view. The book focuses on the links connecting statistical and continuum mechanics and, starting from elementary introductions to both theories, it leads to actual research themes. Mathematical techniques and methods from probability, calculus of variations and PDE are discussed at length.
- Author BiographyErrico Presutti is professor of classical mechanics at the Department of Mathematics of the University of Roma Tor Vergata.
- Author(s)Errico Presutti
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- Series TitleTheoretical and Mathematical Physics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight890 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.27
- AU $10.97Trending at AU $14.49
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.26
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.86
- AU $43.43Trending at AU $48.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.