All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $24.56Trending at AU $25.10
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionAt a time when austerity is claimed by some to be the only answer to today's ecomic woes, a close look at the best practices used in Scandinavia is edifying. DeciAt a time when austerity is claimed by some to be the only answer to today's ecomic woes, a close look at the best practices used in Scandinavia is edifying. Decision makers everywhere dispose of ample evidence showing that social determinants have an impact on health and wellbeing. Yet governments develop policies that diverge ermously. Scandinavian countries are often cited as models for their egalitarian social and health policies but are also kwn to have thriving ecomies where the gap dividing rich from poor is smaller than elsewhere. Despite quasi mythic status, these policies aimed to combat inequalities in health are neither well kwn or understood. Policies discussed in Scandinavian Common Sense include education, housing, conciliation of work and family life, daycare, sustainable development and more. For these policies to be part of political debate, be it in Quebec, Canada, the United States or elsewhere, they must be in the public domain. That is the purpose of this book.
- Author BiographyDominique Cote is a sociologist and a researcher at the Centre Leah-Roback, Canada. Marie-France Raynault is a medical doctor specializing in preventive medecine and public health. She is Director of the Centre Lea-Roback, Canada which is dedicated to reducing social inequalities in health.
- Author(s)Dominque Cote,Marie-France Raynauilt
- PublisherBaraka Books
- Date of Publication30/12/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBaraka Books
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.