All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMan has conquered space, but t without costs. To maintain the space lanes, Scanners have to undergo an operation in which their brain is severed from their sensory inputs to block the pain of space. Scanner Martel has made this sacrifice. He must monitor his vital functions via implanted dials and instruments in his chest. His only respite from this isolated existence is his ability to occasionally cranch and return to some sort of rmalcy with his wife, Luci. But w a man named Adam Stone has claimed that he has a found a way to travel in the deep of space without the use of the Scanners. Through the twisted logic of the community of Scanners, it is decided that Adam Stone must die. Martel, while cranched, realizes the madness of that solution and that all Scanners Live in Vain ! Voted by the Science Fiction Writers of America as one of the great stories of all time and is included in The Science Fiction Hall of Fame anthology.
- Author(s)Cordwainer Smith
- Date of Publication14/07/2015
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Width127 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Read byChristopher Strong
- Contained items statement2 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time60
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.52
- AU $89.47Trending at AU $97.74
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $27.59Trending at AU $32.50
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $14.72
- AU $16.32Trending at AU $19.25
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $24.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.