All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionSee those animal signs on the trail? Was that footprint left by a fox or a wolf? Was that pile of droppings deposited by a moose, a mouse, or a marten? Scats and Tracks of the Great Lakes will help you determine which mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians have passed your way and could still be nearby. Clearly written descriptions and illustrations of scats, tracks, and gait patterns will help you recognize seventy Rocky Mountain species. An identification key, a glossary of tracking terms, and detailed instructions on how to document your finds are also included here. Easy-to-use scat and track measurements appear on each page, making this book especially field friendly and letting you kw if a white tailed ptarmigan, a red fox, or even a black bear has been your way.
- Author BiographyJames Halfpenny was featured in a Discovery Channel documentary on the loss of native tracking skills and has taught outdoor education since 1961 for the Smithsonian, Outward Bound, and the Appalachian Mountain Club.
- Author(s)James C. Halfpenny
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleScats and Tracks Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFalcon Guides
- Content Note431 black & white illustrations, 70 maps
- Weight7 g
- Width109 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.