All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionPresented in four thematic sections, Scenes from Dutch Formosa brings together a variety of genres and historical essays to contextualise the Dutch Formosan colonial era between 1625 and 1663, for an audience of postcolonial, culture, and performance studies readers. The collection examines diverse Dutch, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, and Taiwanese dramatic-dialogic interpretations of the Dutch East India Company's presence in Taiwan. Introductory and concluding essays by historian Murray A. Rubinstein set the global stage with a scholarly sweep on the role of Dutch Formosa in an ongoing international drama of diplomacy.
- Author BiographyLlyn Scott is Associate Professor, Department of English, Aletheia University, Taiwan, where she teaches speech, Western drama, and performing arts and directs English-language theatre productions. Currently, she is researching popular performance works based on early Taiwanese history and culture.
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byLlyn Scott
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.