All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMAKING LIGHT OF NUPTIAL NARCISSMAt the behest of his soon-to-be wife, Adrian Tomine set out to create a wedding favor for their guests that would be funnier and more personal than the typical chocolate bars and picture frames. What started out as a simple illustrated card soon grew into a full-fledged comic book: a collection of short strips chronicling the often absurd process of getting married. A loose, cartoony departure from Tomine's previous work, Scenes from an Impending Marriage is a sweet-natured, laugh out-loud skewering of the modern marriage process, including hiring a DJ, location scouting, trips to the salon, suit fittings, dance lessons, registering for gifts, and managing familial demands. The most personal and autobiographical work of Tomine's career, Scenes from an Impending Marriage is a charming, delightful token of love.
- Author BiographyAdrian Tomine is the author of Shortcomings, Summer Blonde, Sleepwalk, and 32 Stories. He is a New Yorker contributor and lives in Brooklyn with his wife and daughter.
- Author(s)Adrian Tomine
- PublisherDrawn and Quarterly
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Non-fiction & Literary
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDrawn and Quarterly
- Content NoteBlack and White Illustrations throughout
- Weight159 g
- Width140 mm
- Height108 mm
- Spine12 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.