All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis first UK publication for Slovakia's leading woman poet concentrates on poetry written in the 1990s-perhaps Haugova's most fruitful period. Feminism and ancient myth contribute to the fabric of her work, as do the Central European traditions of surrealism and hermeticism. Haugova's is a poetry which continually reaches beyond itself, taking us into what might be unseen at the start of a poem but which is palpably evident once the poem has penetrated the pores of our skin.
- Author BiographyMila Haugova is Slovakia's best know female poet, author of twelve collections of poetry, the most recent of which (Genotexts) appeared in 2002. She is also highly regarded as a translator. James & Viera Sutherland-Smith are leading translators of Slovak poetry into English. James is also a poet, his collection At the Skin Resort being published by Arc in 1999. His most recent collection, In the Country of Birds was published in 2003 by Carcanet.
- Author(s)Mila Haugova
- PublisherArc Publications
- Date of Publication04/11/2003
- LanguageSlovak & English
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleVisible Poets
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 9
- Place of PublicationLancs
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArc Publications
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Translated byJames Sutherland-Smith,Viera Sutherland-Smith
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.