All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
- AU $36.15Trending at AU $37.50
About this product
- DescriptionWhen you need just the essentials of statistics, this Easy Outlines book is there to help. If you are looking for a quick nuts-and-bolts overview of statistics, it's got to be Schaum's Easy Outline . This book is a pared-down, simplified, and tightly focused version of its Schaum's Outline cousin, with an emphasis on clarity and conciseness. Graphic elements such as sidebars, reader-alert icons, and boxed highlights stress selected points from the text, illuminate keys to learning, and give you quick pointers to the essentials. Perfect if you have missed class or need extra review, this title gives you expert help from teachers who are authorities in their fields. So small and light that it fits in your backpack. Topics covered include: Variables and Graphs, Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion, Elementary Probability Theory, The Bimial, Normal, and Poisson Distributions, Elementary Sampling Theory, Statistical Estimation Theory, Statistical Decision Theory, Small Sampling Theory, The Chi-Square Test, Curve Fitting and the Method of Least Squares, Correlation Theory, Multiple and Partial Correlation, Analysis of Variation, Nonparametric Tests, Areas under the Standard Normal Curve, Student's Distribution, Chi-Square Distribution, and 99th Percentile Values for the F Distribution.
- Author BiographyMurray R. Spiegel (deceased) received the M.S. degree in Physics and the Ph.D. in Mathematics from Cornell University. He had positions at Harvard University, Columbia University, Oak Ridge, and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and his last position was Professor and Chairman of Mathematics at the Rensselear Polytechnic Institute, Hartford Graduate Center.
- Author(s)David P. Lindstrom,Murray R. Spiegel
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSchaums' Outline Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchaum Outline Series
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight176 g
- Width142 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.