Schaum's Outline of Mathematics of Finance by Petr Zima, Robert Brown (Paperback, 1996)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.97Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.55Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAce all of your business-related math courses with the help of this best-selling business reference - w revised and completely up-to-date! This example-filled reference provides you with the perfect course guide to be used as a supplement to standard textbooks or as a stand-alone study aid. Armed with the book and your electronic calculator, you'll be on your way to improved comprehension and top grades! Now updated to reflect the changing environment of business finance, the book includes new material on life insurance, life annuities and more. Master effective problem-solving techniques using your calculator with the help of a huge number of solved and supplementary problems - 1224 in all.The book's coverage of a wide variety of practical applications using actual business and financial transactions gives you a feel for how its done in the real world. Each chapter presents principles and formulas, together with solved problems relevant to each subtopic, followed by a set of supplementary problems with answers. In addition, you'll find review problems at the end of the book for additional study or self-testing. The chapter topics include: Exponents and logarithms; Progressions; Simple interest and discount; Compound interest and discount; Simple annuities; General and other annuities; Amortization and sinking funds; Bonds: Capital Budgeting and depreciation; Contingent payments; Life annuities and life insurance.
- Author BiographyRob Brown graduated from the University of Waterloo in 1971 with a BMath degree. He added a MA in Gerontology in 1994 (Waterloo) and a PhD (Gerontology) from Simon Fraser University in 1997. Rob is a Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries, a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries, and an Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society. Professor Brown was President of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries in 1990/91 and served on the Board of Governors of the Society of Actuaries from 1992 to 1996. From 1997-99, he was SoA Vice-President and in 1999, Rob was elected President-elect of the Society of Actuaries (his term as SoA President will run from October 2000 to October 2001). Rob Brown is presently Professor of Actuarial Science and Director of the Institute of Insurance and Pension Research at the University of Waterloo.
- Author(s)Petr Zima,Robert Brown
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/06/1996
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSchaums' Business Economics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchaum Outline Series
- Out-of-print date08/02/2011
- Weight408 g
- Width208 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $29.48
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.