All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStudy faster, learn better, and get top grades. Modified to conform to the current curriculum, Schaum's Outline of Psychiatric Nursing complements these courses in scope and sequence to help you understand its basic concepts. The book offers extra practice on topics such as biological basis for understanding psychotropic drugs, legal and ethical guidelines for safe practice, understanding anxiety and anxiety defenses, somatoform and dissociative disorders, schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders, suicide, psychological needs of the medically ill, psychosocial needs of the older adult, therapeutic groups, etc. You'll also get coverage of culturally relevant mental health nursing, understanding stress and holistic approaches to stress, personality disorders, mood disorders, and care of the chemically impaired. Appropriate for the following course: Psychiatric nursing. It features: 350 review questions with answers; comprehensive review of specialized topics such as mental health nursing in acute care settings, mental health nursing in community settings, the clinical interview & communication skills, and psychopharmacology; and, support for all the major textbooks for psychiatric nursing courses. Topics covered include: Introduction to Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing, Conceptual Frameworks and Nursing Theorists in Psychiatric Nursing, Legal and Ethical Aspects of Psychiatric Nursing, Children and Adolescent Psychiatric Disorders, Anxiety and Anxiety Disorders, Somatoform and Dissociative Disorders, Personality Disorders, Eating Disorders, Mood Disorders - Bipolar and Depression, The Schizophrenias and Other Psychotic Disorders, Cognitive Disorders - Delirium and Dementia, Substance Related Disorders, Psychiatric Emergencies, and Treatment Modalities.
- Author BiographyDaminga Bynum-Grant received her B.S.N. from Molloy College in 1982 and her M.S in Nursing Education from Mercy College in 2006. She is currently an adjunct nursing professor and clinical nurse educator at Pace University, Dorothea Hopfer School of Nursing, and Westchester Community College and is a practicing psychiatric and mental health nurse at a large teaching hospital. Margaret M. Travis-Dinkins received her B.S.N from Mount Saint Mary College in 1982 and her M.S.N. in Nursing Education from Walden University in 2007. She is currently an adjunct professor and clinical nurse educator at Pace University and Westchester Community College, and is a practicing psychiatric and mental health nurse at a large teaching hospital.
- Author(s)Daminga Bynum-Grant,Margaret Travis-Dinkins
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleSchaums' Outline Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchaum Outline Series
- Content Noteill
- Weight625 g
- Width165 mm
- Height312 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.