Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionReadership This book is devoted to the study of compiler transformations that are needed to expose the parallelism hiddenin a program. This book is tan introductory book to parallel processing, r is it an introductory book to parallelizing compilers. Weassume thatreaders are familiar withthebooks High Performance Compilers for Parallel Computingby Wolfe  and Super- compilers for Parallel and Vector Computers by Zima and Chapman , and that they want to kw more about scheduling transformations. In this book we describe both task graph scheduling and loop nest scheduling. Taskgraphschedulingaims atexecuting tasks linked by prece- dence constraints; it is a run-time activity. Loop nest scheduling aims at ex- ecutingstatementinstances linked bydata dependences;it is a compile-time activity. We are mostly interested in loop nestscheduling,butwe also deal with task graph scheduling for two main reasons: (i) Beautiful algorithms and heuristics have been reported in the literature recently; and (ii) Several graphscheduling, like list scheduling, are the basis techniques used in task ofthe loop transformations implemented in loop nest scheduling. As for loop nest scheduling our goal is to capture in a single place the fantastic developments of the last decade or so. Dozens of loop trans- formations have been introduced (loop interchange, skewing, fusion, dis- tribution, etc.) before a unifying theory emerged. The theory builds upon the pioneering papers of Karp, Miller, and Wigrad  and of Lam- port , and it relies on sophisticated mathematical tools (unimodular transformations, parametric integer linear programming, Hermite decom- position, Smithdecomposition, etc.).
- Author(s)Alain Darte,Frederic Vivien,Yves Robert
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/12/2012
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight544 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2000
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.