All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
About this product
- DescriptionMy name is Andrea Christensen. I'm one of the oldest oldest people in the world. The first book in a new YA, dystopian trilogy, SCHISM is a story of survival, of good versus evil, and of constructing a future with only memories of childhood. A virus, created by the smartest minds in the United States government, which is meant to target male adults in times of war, is accidentally released before testing is complete. Within weeks six billion people are eliminated from the world. The only survivors are prepubescent children. Five years after this catastrophic event, a young girl named Andy Christensen and her two friends are forced to leave their home in Bermuda and return to the North American continent. There, they discover that America is wild and chaotic, and people have instituted a survival of the fittest mentality. Andy and her friends soon band together with fellow survivors in search for a new place to call home.
- Author BiographyBorn in Boston, Britt Holewinski lived in six different houses across the United States during her childhood, sparking her interest to write about characters who must continually adapt to new situations and locations. She was inspired to write Schism more than twenty years ago after reading William Golding's Lord of the Flies in high school. After studying mechanical engineering at the University of Notre Dame and Pennsylvania State University, she joined the CIA during the months following 9/11. Her years working for the Agency opened her eyes to the world we live in and gave her rare glimpses of what living in a crumbling, post-apocalyptic world might be like. Besides traveling for her job, she has visited nearly every location she has written about for current and future works, to include Bermuda, Paris, and the Channel Islands. After residing in the Washington DC area for fourteen years, she is currently living and writing full-time in Michigan. Schism is her debut novel.
- Author(s)Britt Holewinski
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight431 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.