All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaking use of her creative skills and the insights acquired about her mental health condition over twenty-five years, the author's shows us a path towards a fulfilling and creative recovery that is t dependent on medication and traditional psychiatric methods.The author uses her experiences to dissect and demystify psychosis. She addresses important questions about the role of psychiatrists and hospitals and the extent to which they help or impede recovery. Weaving together prose, artwork and poetry she explores how art and other integrative strategies can be used to avert repeat psychotic episodes and to consolidate that crucial, nascent maternal bond with her children. The author examines with unflinching honesty, topics related to psychosis, postpartum psychosis, and the impact of psychosis on motherhood. This book will provide invaluable insights into difficult and often misunderstood subjects appealing to fellow mothers, the general public, and mental health care practitioners.
- Author BiographyQ.S. Lam an artist, writer, film maker and mother. Q.S. Lam is a pseudonym used to provide anonymity to her children.
- Author(s)Q. S. Lam
- PublisherMuswell Hill Press
- Date of Publication12/01/2014
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleMuswell Hill Press
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMuswell Hill Press
- Weight417 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $31.23Trending at AU $32.74
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.61
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $38.88
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.13
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.84
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.