All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionScholars and Poets Talk About Queens is a lively and erudite collection, unusual in an especially appealing way. This collection of essays shows how queens were represented in the Middle Ages and Renaissance through primary accounts, chronicles, and literary representations. The book also contains modern poetry and short plays about these same queens, allowing readers to understand and appreciate them both intellectually and emotionally. Contributors study a wide range of queens including such famous and fascinating women as Queen Elizabeth I, Cleopatra, Hecuba, the Empress Matilda, Mary Stuart, Margaret of Anjou, Catherine of Aragon, and the pirate queen Grace O'Malley. By pairing scholarly essays with contemporary poems about them, the collection demonstrates the continued relevance and immediacy of these powerful and fascinating women.
- Author BiographyCarole Levin is Willa Cather Professor of History and Director of the Medieval and Renaissance Studies Program at the University of Nebraska, USA. Her previous books include Dreaming the English Renaissance (2008) and The Reign of Elizabeth I (2003). She co-edits the Queenship and Power series with Charles Beem. Christine Stewart-Nunez is Associate Professor of English at South Dakota State University, USA and author of five poetry collections: Snow, Salt, Honey (2012); Keeping Them Alive (2011); Postcard on Parchment (2008); Unbound Branded (2006); and The Love of Unreal Things (2005).
- Author(s)Christine Stewart-Nunez
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication19/08/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleQueenship and Power
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight535 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byCarole Levin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.