All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the second of the three volumes comprising, Scholastic Humanism and the Unification of Europe. Focussing on the period from c.1090-1212, the volume explores the lives, scholarly resources, and contributions of a wide sample of people who either took part in the creation of the scholastic system of thought or gave practical effect to it in public life. * The second volume of a compelling, original work which will redefine our perceptions of medieval civilization, the renaissance and the evolution of modern Europe. * Written by a man who was widely regarded as the greatest medieval historian.
- Author BiographyR. W. SOUTHERN is a Fellow of the British Academy and an Honorary Fellow of Balliol, Exeter, and St John's College, Oxford, and of Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge. He was President of St John's College, Oxford, from 1969 to 1981. He was Chichele Professor of Modern History at the University of Oxford from 1961 to 1969, and is a past President of the Selden Society and the Royal Historical Society. His publications include: The Making of the Middle Ages (1953), Western Views of Islam in the Middle Ages (1962), Western Society and the Church in the Middle Ages (1970), Robert Grosseteste (1986), and St Anselm: a Portrait in a Landscape (1990).
- Author(s)R. W. Southern
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/11/2000
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight348 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.