All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis work explores the historical, conceptual, theoretical and practical dimensions of school-based assessment (SBA) in a public examination. In part 1, Griffith offers the history and context for the exploration of the issues of SBA in a public examination and reviews the history and concept of public examinations and the evolution and mandate of the Caribbean Examinations Council as a public examinations board serving member countries of the region. In part 2, he provides the foundations for a discourse of the concept, theory and practice of SBA in the context of the public examinations of the Caribbean Examinations Council and explores key issues in SBA in a public examination. In part 3, he examines a number of new directions and practices related to SBA in a public examination, for example, the use of an alternative (external) paper to assess the same competencies developed and assessed in the SBA undertaken in schools, the implementation and assessment of group work in SBA, the use of a single project for the SBA of a cluster of subjects, and ways in which the benefits of SBA in a public examination may guide practice at all levels of the education system to improve student learning and assessment.
- Author BiographyStafford A. Griffith is Professor of Research, Measurement and Evaluation, Director of the School of Education, and Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Humanities and Education, University of the West Indies, Mona, Jamaica.
- Author(s)Stafford A. Griffith
- PublisherUniversity of the West Indies Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationKingston
- Country of PublicationJamaica
- ImprintUniversity of the West Indies Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.