All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.23
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionWhat's the real barbecue stopper in Australian suburbs today? It's choosing a school for our children. Based on extensive interviews with parents, School Choice reveals their experience of the school selection process. Some are bruised or frustrated. Others feel that schools, t parents, have the real power to choose who goes to which school. As more n-government schools open and criticism of government schools becomes common, the pressure on families increases to find the right school. This book examines the anxieties, aspirations and strategies of parents, and how schools are promoting themselves and managing the selection process. School Choice asks why different families attempt to get their children into different kinds of schools. Who gets into selective academic schools? Why are new low-fee Christian schools becoming popular? Are parents departing from family traditions? Do coaching colleges make a difference? What does it mean when parents talk about religion and values in schooling? What strategies work and what don't? The new school market is reshaping Australian society w and for the long term. School Choice looks behind the brochures and websites to examine what's happening to families and schools, and who are the winners and losers.
- Author BiographyAssociate Professor Craig Campbell, Dr Helen Proctor and Professor Geoffrey Sherington are all from the Faculty of Education and Social Work at the University of Sydney. This book is based on a major four-year research project funded by the Australian Research Council.
- Author(s)Craig Campbell,Geoffrey Sherington,Helen Proctor
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2009
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight230 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.