Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionSchool teachers and administrators may be the largest single group of rule enforcers in American society. Operating under legislative statutes, court cases, board policies, program regulations, and so on, there appears to be end to that part of their professional tasks that calls for them to be on-the-spot enforcers in an adult to child relationship. Using constitutionality of operations within a school as its central focal point, the book takes both the broader and the narrower aspects of the law and combines them to provide an extended understanding of the realities in which professionals must perform as employees in elementary and secondary schools. Organized into twelve broad topic areas, the handbook covers all key aspects of the law as it applies from administering personnel to religion in the schools. Appropriate court cases are cited throughout. This professional guide will be useful for teachers with an interest in school law, for graduate students preparing for a career in school administration, and for administrators in need of a precise, but succinct treatment of the law and schools.
- Author BiographyROBERT C. O'REILLY is Professor Emeritus of Educational Administration at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. He is the senior author of Librarians and Labor Relations: Employment Under Union Contracts (Greenwood, 1981), Shool Law for the Practitioner, with Edward T. Green (Greenwood, 1983) and Understanding Collective Bargaining in Public Education. He has served as a member of the National Commission for Excellence in Educational Administration and is a past president of the National Council for Professors of Educational Administration. He is a professor in management and administration at Walden University. EDWARD T. GREEN is Professor Emeritus at Georgia Southern University, where he served as Professor of Educational Leadership. A long-time superintendent of schools in New York State, he has served on national committees devoted to finance, facilities, and collective bargaining. He is co-author of School Law for the Practitioner.
- Author(s)Edward C. Green,Edward T. Green,Robert C. O'Reilly
- Date of Publication23/03/1992
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight623 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.