Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionInvative, well-designed school library programs can be critical resources for helping students meet high standards of college and career readiness. In School Libraries and Student Learning, Rebecca J. Morris shows how school leaders can make the most of their school libraries to support ambitious student learning. She offers practical strategies for collaboration between school leaders, teachers, and librarians to meet schoolwide objectives in literacy, assessment, student engagement, and inquiry-based learning. Topics include:* establishing makerspaces and learning commons to support student-centered learning* developing a schoolwide focus on literacy across multiple formats and devices* redesigning lesson plans that foster inquiry and critical thinking across classrooms and grade levels* supporting collaboration between teachers and librarians in instruction and assessment* using the library to strengthen ties between school, family, and community. This accessible guide will help librarians and school leaders work together to bring student learning to a new level.
- Author BiographyRebecca J. Morris is an assistant professor in the Department of Library and Information Studies at the School of Education at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, USA. She has a professional background as an elementary classroom teacher and school librarian.
- Author(s)Rebecca J. Morris
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Weight825 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.