All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Everything you need to succeed with parents, community leaders, employees, and more can be found in this book. Moore's lifetime experience comes through with clear, -nsense ideas and insights that those working in schools can put to work right away'-William J. Banach, CEO, Banach, Banach & Cassidy An on-the-job public relations and communications partner for everyone working in schools! As school public relations efforts play an increasingly vital role in helping students achieve and schools succeed, the communications expectations placed on school leaders at all levels continue to soar. Now this field-based reference offers educational leaders practical advice and specific tips for meeting the tough new communication demands they face daily. Ideal for both long-range planning and day-to-day basics, this guide helps leaders define and organize their school's PR plan. The book offers step-by-step guidance on creating and applying communication tactics that work-from how to generate community support to managing crises, stopping rumours, handling media inquiries, dealing with critics, and much more. Emphasizing the PR responsibilities of all school employees, the author: - Outlines the key components of successful communications programmes - Covers how to set reasonable expectations for communications efforts - Provides questions for assessing PR needs, guidelines for judging what's working and what's t, and an abundance of checklists - Offers interview advice from professionals in the field Educational leaders will consult this comprehensive resource again and again as they plan and implement public relations activities to support student and school success!
- Author BiographyEdward H. Moore started his career as a high school journalism teacher and school public relations practitioner. In more than 25 years as an educator, journalist, and public relations counselor, Moore has written and presented extensively on school public relations issues. He is an associate professor in the College of Communication at Rowan University. He previously served as associate director of the National School Public Relations Association and managing editor of the newsletter Communication Briefings. Moore is an accredited member of the National School Public Relations Association and the Public Relations Society of America.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byEdward H. Moore
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.