School Social Work: Skills and Interventions for Effective Practice by David Dupper (Hardback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $161.19+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $79.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is well written and inclusive with a realistic approach to problems encountered in schools today. Practical and useable interventions are included which makes this text a valuable resource to the school social worker. -Terry Housteau-Hill, LSCW, Lead Consultant, Kx County School Social Services An invaluable resource ...[and] extremely reader-friendly. -Michelle Alvarez, MSW, LCSW, Assistant Professor, School of Social Work University of Southern Indiana School Social Work thoroughly covers all aspects of this burgeoning field, from the history and function of school social workers and up-to-date, empirically and developmentally supported interventions to effective methods for implementing and evaluating school social work programs. Educational policy and legislation, community-based interventions, and prevention programs are also covered. Supported by case vignettes and discussion questions that engage the reader in every chapter, this book: Provides proven and promising programs for change in classrooms, schools, families, neighborhoods, and communities Equips you with the kwledge and skills necessary to function effectively in the unique political environment of the school Outlines the school social worker's essential role as a consultant to faculty and administrators as well as creator and mediator of school and community collaborations that enhance the academic success of at-risk students In addition, this book provides current assessment methods for evaluating the effectiveness of interventions; recently developed standardized measures designed to assess change at the classroom, school, family, neighborhood, and community levels; guidelines for successfully planning, implementing, and evaluating new programs based on Comprehensive Quality Programming (CQP) strategies; and detailed information on the most current student-focused violence prevention programs. Complete with lists of Internet resources and other references at the end of each chapter, School Social Work is a valuable tool for students and a hands-on resource for school social workers, psychologists, counselors, and administrators.
- Author BiographyDAVID R. DUPPER, PhD, is Associate Dean and Associate Professor at the College of Social Work on the Knoxville campus of the University of Tennessee. He also leads frequent seminars for school social work practitioners.
- Author(s)David Dupper
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/2002
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight700 g
- Width195 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.