All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThis is Dr Richard Selznick's follow-up to the acclaimed The Shut-Down Learner , details a broader scope of potential problems faced by schoolchildren and offers techniques and insights to help them learn. Dr Selznick explores reading and writing issues, behavioural problems, difficulties with organisation, social skills, medication, parents' interactions with teachers, excessive use of techlogy, the importance of patience, and more. The practical, down-to-earth tone and helpful, easily applicable tools make this book a godsend for parents staying awake at night worrying about their child's learning and school experience. Dr Selznick has helped parents with their children's struggles in school for over 25 years with experience as a classroom teacher, special education instructor, and nationally certified school psychologist. His understanding that each child is unique has helped many parents and children navigate over a rough road safely.
- Author BiographyDr. Richard Selznick is a psychologist, nationally certified school psychologist, graduate school professor, and university professor of pediatrics. As the director of the Cooper Learning Center, he oversees a program that assesses and treats a broad range of learning and school-based behavioral problems in children. The Cooper Learning Center is a Division of the Department of Pediatrics of Cooper University Hospital. Dr. Selznick is the author of The Shut-Down Learner: Helping Your Academically Discouraged Child and School Struggles: A Guide to Your Shut-Down Learners Success. Dr. Selznick speaks to parents and educators on a variety of topics related to school struggling. A down-to-earth presenter who discusses difficult topics in non-jargon terms, he has presented to educators in Dubai and Abu Dhabi as well as throughout the United States. A native of New York, Dr. Selznick lives in Haddonfield, New Jersey. He can be reached by email at email@example.com. For more information, please see www.shutdownlearner.com, Facebook.com/DrSelz, and Twitter @DrSelz.
- Author(s)Richard Selznick
- PublisherSentient Publications
- Date of Publication16/07/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBoulder, Colorado
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSentient Publications
- Weight284 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.