All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe problem remains: students in schools across the United States are t only bullying each other but are killing each other. This book provides a foundation for the study of school violence, beginning with an analysis of the shootings at Columbine and going on to discuss all forms of aggression in schools. The authors provide a history of school violence in America, theories to explain bullying, and teachers' perceptions of this violence - and suggest ways that teachers and other school personnel can predict, control, and prevent outbursts of violence. Also included are discussions on the effects of the media on school violence, as well as the criminal justice system's responses. This book is an excellent resource for courses in criminal justice, teacher education, and all youth workers and counselors in schools and the community.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Kimberly A. McCabe is Associate Professor of Sociology at Lynchburg College in Lynchburg, Virginia. Her degrees are in math (B.A.), criminal justice (M.C.J.), and sociology (Ph.D.). Along with multiple book chapters and journal articles, she is also the author of Child Abuse and the Criminal Justice System (Peter Lang, 2003). Gregory M. Martin is Assistant Professor of Learning and Human Development at Lynchburg College in Lynchburg, Virginia. His degrees are in the areas of social sciences and education (B.A.), curriculum and instruction (M.Ed.), and curriculum instruction and school leadership (Ed.D). Dr. Martin has fifteen years of classroom experience working with children from elementary through high school. His research interests include school violence and classroom management.
- Author(s)Gregory M. Martin,Kimberly Ann McCabe
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleStudies in Crime and Punishment
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight200 g
- Edited byChristina DeJong,Professor David Schultz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.