All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInformed by years of research and on-the-ground reporting, Schools That Succeed is Karin Cheweth's most inspiring and compelling book yet-an essential read for educators who seek to break the stubborn connection between academic achievement and socioecomic status. Cheweth draws on her decade-long journey into neighborhood schools where low-income students and students of color are learning at unexpectedly high levels to reveal a key ingredient to their success: in one way or ather, their leaders have confronted the traditional ways that schools are organized and adopted new systems, all focused on improvement. In vivid profiles of once-embattled schools, Cheweth shows how school leaders doggedly and patiently reorganized internal systems in order to prioritize teaching and learning, resulting in improved outcomes that in many cases exceeded statewide averages. From how they use time to how they use money, schools that succeed combine a deep belief in the capacity of their students to achieve with deliberate systems focused on student needs. As a result, they create vibrant places where teachers want to teach and students want to learn.
- Author BiographyKarin Chenoweth is the writer-in-residence at The Education Trust. She is a long-time education writer and reporter who has written for such publications as the Washington Post, Education Week, and American Educator.
- Author(s)Karin Chenoweth
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication30/03/2017
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.