All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.70
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
About this product
- DescriptionHow effective is whole-school high school reform, such as the Schools-Within-Schools (SWS) model? What benefits does it have for students and in which areas does it fall short? This book seeks to answer these questions through the compelling stories of five public high schools that have embraced the SWS method. In order to fully understand the effectiveness of such a system, Valerie Lee and Douglas Ready have delved into every aspect of the reform in these settings, including participants' reactions, curriculum structures, governance and leadership, and the allocation of students to the schools. The result is a thoughtful look at the SWS model that considers the benefits and problems of implementation, along with issues of equity and access. This work provides the first comprehensive, systematic report on the Schools-Within-Schools reform; offers suggestions for how this popular high school reform can be implemented to work for all students, t just the most academically able or socially advantaged; and follows five schools for several years to determine the long-term results of the reform.
- Author BiographyValerie E. Lee is a professor in the School of Education at the University of Michigan. She also serves as a Faculty Associate at the University's Institute for Social Research. Douglas D. Ready is an assistant professor of Education at Teachers College, Columbia University.
- Author(s)Douglas D. Ready,Valerie E. Lee
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSeries on School Reform
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width157 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.