All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSchopenhauer is the most readable of German philosophers. This book gives a succinct explanation of his metaphysical system, concentrating on the original aspects of his thought, which inspired many artists and thinkers including Nietzsche, Wagner, Freud, and Wittgenstein. Schopenhauer's central tion is that of the will - a blind, irrational force that he uses to interpret both the human mind and the whole of nature. Seeing human behaviour as that of a natural organism governed by the will to life, Schopenhauer developed radical insights concerning the unconscious and sexuality which influenced both psychologists and philosophers. ABOUT THE SERIES: The Very Short Introductions series from Oxford University Press contains hundreds of titles in almost every subject area. These pocket-sized books are the perfect way to get ahead in a new subject quickly. Our expert authors combine facts, analysis, perspective, new ideas, and enthusiasm to make interesting and challenging topics highly readable.
- Author BiographyChristopher Janaway is Senior Lecturer in Philosophy at Birbeck College, University of London.
- Author(s)Christopher Janaway
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication21/02/2002
- Series TitleVery Short Introductions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteHalftones throughout
- Weight125 g
- Width113 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.00Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.09
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $37.76Trending at AU $39.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.