All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first full-length study of Schubert's career as a symphonist: astonishingly, his Symphonies have never received the detailed study in print that their prominence in the orchestral repertoire would suggest they deserve. In this book Professor Brian Newbould, perhaps the best-kwn of contemporary Schubert scholars, examines each Symphony for its individuality and shows its relationship to Schubert's symphonic uvre. He gives particular attention to the sketched works that have recently emerged in his own completions -- t least the visionary Tenth Symphony -- and to the two familiar masterpieces of Schubert's maturity, the 'Unfinished' and the 'Great C major'. He also casts new light on the role of Haydn and Mozart as models for the younger Schubert. This book, which is profusely illustrated with music examples, is conceived as a companion to the Symphonies for the listener, the professional musician and the student. A full-scale, detailed study of Schubert as a symphonist was long overdue; this book fills that gap.
- Author BiographyBrian Newbould
- Author(s)Brian Newbould
- PublisherToccata Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1990
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleSymphonic Studies S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintToccata Press
- Content Noteb&w illus
- Weight487 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.