All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $36.05
About this product
- DescriptionSchumpeter's Evolutionary Ecomics fills the void of analysis and serves as a standard reference work on this pioneering thinker by introducing vel interpretations of his five major books and tracing the development of his intellectual framework. Schumpeter's first German book on the nature of theoretical ecomics (1908) is still untranslated, but it demonstrates how he developed his evolutionary research programme by studying the inherent limitations of equilibrium ecomics. He presented core results on ecomic evolution and extended evolutionary analysis to all social sciences in the first German edition of The Theory of Ecomic Development (1912). He made a partial reworking of the theory of ecomic evolution in later editions, and this reworking was continued in Business Cycles (1939). Here Schumpeter also tried to handle the statistical and historical evidence on the waveform evolution of the capitalist ecomy. Capitalism, Socialism and Democracy (1942) modified the model of ecomic evolution and added evolutionary contributions to other social sciences. Finally, History of Ecomic Analysis, published posthumously, was based on his evolutionary theory of the history of ecomics. Andersen's analysis of Schumpeter's five books expounds the progress he made within his research programme, and examines his lack of satisfactory tools for evolutionary analysis. In so doing it places our understanding of Schumpeter on a new and firmer footing; it also suggests how modern evolutionary ecomics can relate to his work.
- Author BiographyEsben Sloth Andersen is Professor of Evolutionary Economics in the Department of Business Studies, Aalborg University.
- PrizesWinner of EAEPE Gunnar Myrdal Prize 2010.
- Author(s)Andersen Esben
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleAnthem Other Canon Economics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Note42+ tables and figures
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.