All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionScience 21 by Kahni Burrows is designed to address the exciting new course of the same name implemented with Year 11 students in Queensland in 2007. The course takes an interdisciplinary approach to science that aims to produce scientifically literate young adults. Jacaranda's Science 21 is underpinned by this approach, presenting units of work that have intrinsic interest to students within the context of their lives in the 21st century. The units have an inquiry focus and aim to develop students' ability to think scientifically through engaging them in high-interest themes and topics. The text is accompanied by a Teacher Support Kit. Features: A focus question at the start of each chapter to introduce the context and guide scientific inquiry. Investigations and activities interspersed through chapters to allow students to process and practise the concepts presented in the text. Engaging content written at a reading level suitable for the audience. Key terms in the mir column, adjacent to where they are discussed in the text. Stimulus articles and images that show real-life applications of science. End of chapter questions. Special reference appendix to guide skill development in scientific investigation and research methods.
- Author(s)Kahni Burrows,Roy Burrows
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd
- Date of Publication07/12/2006
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationMilton, QLD
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintJacaranda Wiley, Australia
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight905 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.