All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionEven science fair enthusiasts may dread grappling with these two questions: 1. How can you organise many middle school students doing many different projects at the same time? 2. How can you help students while giving them the freedom of choice and independence of thought that come with genuine inquiry? Answer the questions--and face science fairs without fear--with the help of this book from the Science Fair Warm-Up series. This book, for grades 7-10, develops the ideas about practices that students learn in the first book. Students will also find that the two-star problems are much more cognitively demanding. In addition to offering original investigations, the book provides problem-solving exercises to help students develop the inquiry skills to carry the projects through. To save you time, the materials are organised to grow more challenging and encourage independent study as students progress through the grade levels. To help you meet your teaching goals, the series is based on the constructivist view that makes students responsible for their own learning and aligns with national standards and the new Framework for K-12 Science Education. Science Fair Warm-Up will prepare both you and your students for science fair success. But even if you don't have a science fair in your future, the material can help make your students more proficient with scientific research.
- Author BiographyExperienced with science fairs as both a teacher and judge, John Haysom taught science in a variety of schools before serving on the education faculties of universities including Saint Mary's University in Nova Scotia, where he is professor emeritus. Haysom is an internationally known teacher-educator, curriculum developer, and author.
- Author(s)John Haysom
- PublisherNational Science Teachers Association
- Date of Publication15/07/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationArlington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Science Teachers Association
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.