All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionFor nearly 20 years, the author, Mary Virginia Orna has led Science History tours to Europe and other parts of the world. Given the broad popularity of her tours among those in the scientific community, the ACS initiated a symposium on the topic as well as this book. The goals of both the Orna-led tours and this book include learning science through travel to sites where the science actually happened and describing how such travel can interface with the professional goals of chemists in academe, industry, and other areas of endeavor. This book makes it possible to plan a scientifically-oriented visit to well-kwn scientific sites armed with information t necessarily available on the internet or in guidebooks.
- Author BiographyMary Virginia Orna, Professor of Chemistry at The College of New Rochelle, received a B.S. in Chemistry from Chestnut Hill College, and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Analytical Chemistry from Fordham University. Her research interests include pigment and dye analysis of archaelogical artifacts and, in particular, of medieval manuscripts. She is the author or editor of 14 books(including ACS Symposium Series volumes) and over a hundred encyclopedia, journal, and monograph articles. She is the recipient of numerous awards including a Fulbright Fellowship for Israel, the ACS George C. Pimentel Award in Chemical Education (1999) and the ACS Volunteer Service Award (2009). In 1990, in collaboration with John T. Stock of the University of Connecticut, she began conducting study tours for students as partial fulfillment of the requirements of a course in the history of science.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleACS Symposium Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight540 g
- Width160 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMary Virginia Orna
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.