All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionScience, Techlogy and Society: A Sociological Approach is a comprehensive guide to the emergent field of science, techlogy, and society (STS) studies and its implications for today's culture and society. It discusses current STS topics, research tools, and theories. It tackles some of the most urgent issues in current STS studies, including power and culture, race, gender, colonialism, the Internet, cyborgs and robots, and biotechlogy. It includes case studies, a glossary, and further reading lists.
- Author BiographyWenda K. Bauchspies is Assistant Professor of Science, Technology, and Society and Women's Studies in the STS Program at Pennsylvania State University. Jennifer Croissant is Associate Professor in the Department of Women's Studies at the University of Arizona. Sal Restivo is Professor of Sociology and Science Studies at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He is co-editor of Math Worlds: Philosophical and Social Studies of Mathematics (1992) and author of Science, Society, and Values: Toward a Sociology of Objectivity (1994).
- Author(s)Jennifer Croissant,Sal Restivo,Wenda Bauchspies
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/08/2005
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight332 g
- Width149 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.